2/28/11

Call Tennessee done… Check!

2/27/11   I’ve already smashed my GPS, it still works and with David doing some magic with duct tape everything is good!  My bike was blown over by the wind today, in the Willow Oak Elementary School parking lot, while I was trying to remove the battery out of the smoke alarm that was going off in the car because we had not changed the battery since 2008.  Remember to change batteries in your smoke alarm at least once per year!

Having completed 80 miles cycling around the City of Memphis I will claim Tennessee as one of my fifty states.  It was an interesting ride and a great training experience!

The starting locations for the Memphis Bike Trail Perimeter Ride - the Pink Palace
Driving to Georgia tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Is the smashed GPS some kind of an omen? I am sure it means you are to follow uncharted routes and just go any random direction. Just remember if you see Mt Rushmore...... turn left. We are looking forward to further updates and stories from the open road. Better you than me! Mel

    ReplyDelete