2/28/11

Training for the 1966 Dream Tour

2/26/11   Was able to cycle about 20 miles today, a bit brisk in the mid-40s and cloudy, way better than the reported 5-6 inches of snow that fell overnight in the Cleveland area.  Attempted to follow the City of Memphis Bike routes, it was not as easy as I had hoped; it could be me but I did not see the bike signs frequently enough so I depended on my GPS that directed me in a little different way. I had a great time discovering Memphis, walking down
Beale Street
, riding next to the Mississippi River and catching glimpses of flowers blooming and many interesting neighborhoods.

Looking toward the Mississippi River and Mud Island

First blossoms of the year -- for me!

Elvis! at the top of Beale Street

What the Rock Hall of Fame?  No, it's the Pyramid in Memphis TN


We’ve eaten well, while here and had some nice dining partners and conversations – Interstate BBQ with the teaching staff, CC, Vicki, Sean and Ed.  Mexican with Sean, and Red Robin with Dean and Lynn from the Mid-South Chapter.  Dean shared his trucker experience regarding the Georgia portion of our route and introduced us to the Trucker’s Atlas – Thanks Dean.

2 comments:

  1. you always eat well the first couple days...when you still had a chance to run home and get food. then you starve me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a lovely time at dinner with you guys. We're looking forward to 'riding across the country' with you.

    ReplyDelete