2/13/11

Countdown: 9 Days to Departure

Started scurrying around finishing all the details of packing and seeing friends and family before we go.  If we miss anyone, we are totally sorry and hope you will follow us through this blog!

My cycling experience is 10 States of significant distances in:  Ohio, Florida, New York, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, Michigan, and not so significant distances in 6 states: Maryland, Washington, DC, Texas, Arizona, Alaska, and Hawaii.  – So I’ve done some riding!  The first 7 mentioned were organized large group tours all very well planned, organized and supported. I've attached link to their site, if you want to know more about them.

Some people have asked about my training schedule.  Sorry to say the weather here in Ohio has not been optimal for my preparation though I have done some stationary riding in my basement, I am walking some, I've even enlisted my neighbors dogs, just to give me some company and a reason to be out in this cold, snowy weather. I've done a little cross-country skiing with Joan and some contra dancing, oh and there's Zumba on Wednesday nights with Kim.  My real training will begin when I begin riding west.  Starting with about 30 miles per day or whatever feels comfortable; then moving up to 50 miles per day and more as I get stronger.  We plan to take one day off per 7 days and might even get to stay in a motel one night per week, otherwise we are planning to camp.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jo Ann, you are such an inspiration for all of us who have dreams that we never thought of acting on. You are now a clearing for "no more excuses". I will be following you through your journey (not literally of course). I am excited just reading about it, can't wait to read more. Way to go!!!
    Elif

    ReplyDelete