2/8/11

Fulfilling a Dream

I am fulfilling on a dream that started in 1966 while crossing the country with my family as a child. My parent’s plan was to take a four-week camping vacation, looping around the country from Ohio to California and back.  There were five of us; my mom and dad, my brothers Jim and Frank, and I the youngest.  While traveling the new Interstate Highway system, it occurred to me, even at this young age that I was missing perhaps the best part of the trips because we were going too fast!  Too fast to see things in detail, too fast to hear the sounds and smell the scents, to touch what was real and beautiful about this country.  Being a young girl the only alternative I could think of at the time was to travel by horseback.  – I never got the horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment