2/11/11

The countdown starts -- 11 days to departure.

 I picked up my finely tuned bike(s) from Shaker Cycles – owner, Mitch Paul.  Mitch is one of the most detailed oriented bicycle mechanics I have ever met.  He has adjusted and fitted my bike so that it will provide the best ride possible.

I am a solo rider, by choice and by circumstance. Even in the largest group rides, I could often look ahead and behind and not see another rider… either due to the terrain or my bike of choice – 1998 hybrid with fat tires -- Bianchi Boardwalk.  Only in the past couple of years have I found anyone willing to ride with me for any real distance – thanks Joan! -- My Michigan Bracelet tour buddy and support.  Speaking of support, I’ve got the best!  My husband David is better than you could ever imagine, we’ve done South Carolina, Maryland and DC together.  He is the most considerate and pampering support that I could ever wish for and will be with me on my big adventure across the Southern US – 1966 Dream Tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment