5/7/11

Day 66 May 5, 2011 Total Mileage: 2,636 Today: 50 miles


Cycled from Morristown, AZ to Wenden, AZ. 
Yard Art in Aguila, AZ
Morning Ride
Finished in the early afternoon at 95oF, I start off strong, thinking I’ll surely do 60-miles and then lose steam at 40-miles and struggle though to 50-miles, because “I said I would”.
"Mountains jutting out of the desert like the edge of a knife"

Break Time


Lichen that looks bright yellow
No motel tonight… guess it is making me soft.  We drove about 40-miles to Alamo Lake Arizona State Park and found a campsite with some trees and the breeze picked up, which made it bearable. (we did not pass a motel the entire way).


Camp 66 - Alamo Lake Az State Park

2 comments:

  1. Jo Ann,

    Any one who can cycle at all in 90 plus degree heat deserves a motel room! You are not getting soft, you are instead a tenured cyclist! You go girl! Your dream tour is almost completed. AWESOME!

    Del

    ReplyDelete
  2. We passed north of you yesterday, I think. Sorry we couldn't take the more southern route and maybe have a brief visit! I'm on my way to Memphis, though, and time is of the essence.

    ReplyDelete