5/4/11

Denver, Colorado - Vacation from my vacation

Day 58 April 27, 2011 Total Mileage: 2,455 Today: 0 miles – Hiked with Glen & Julie in the morning and drove to Las Vegas, New Mexico. 
Julie and Glen B. @Show Low, AZ

Stayed overnight in a Walmart parking lot… check that off our “bucket list”  Note to self: select a Walmart near a fast food restaurant so that we can change into night clothes without being suspected as shoplifters.
Day 59 April 28, 2011 Total Mileage: 2,455 Today: 0 miles – Got to the hotel in Denver, Colorado around 1:00 pm. I met Laurie, John, and Lynn, John’s wife.  Laurie and John are also instructors for the Red Cross class.  We went out to dinner together and celebrated my birthday. 
David, Jo Ann, Laurie, Lynn and John
Day 60 April 29, 2011 Total Mileage: 2,455 Today: 0 miles – J’s Spa Day.  When we got to the hotel David received a FedEx envelope with Birthday cards from his family for me! And a special gift card from all of them for a spa day at a solon just down the street from the hotel.  It was wonderful, just what I needed!  And now my toenail color matches the new turquoise earrings David got for me and oh yes, he also give me a dozen roses.
Prairie Dogs on Hotel property
Day 61 April 30, 2011, Day 62 May 1, 2011, Day 63 May 2, 2011, Total Mileage: 2,455 Today: 0 miles – Caught up on laundry, blog postings, job search, emails, etc.  We drove back to Globe, AZ  in approximately 13 hours.

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a vacation from a vacation! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please pass a "Hello" to Glen and Julie from me. We were in DST class back in 06 together. We also worked together somewhere, I just can't remember where.
    I'm having fun reading of your exploits.
    Have fun and be safe!
    bob Penick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo Ann,

    Happy late birthday! I'm glad you had some special time and got the dozen roses!

    Del

    ReplyDelete