5/13/11

Day 71 MAY 10, 2011 Total Mileage: 2,901 Today: 60 miles


Oak Spring, CA to San Diego, CA  California is complete and I've reached the end of the route!

Pacific Ocean, San Dieago
Switched back to cycling to the west.  It was 39oF in the mountains again, but no rain this time.
Yucca Plant

 
Yard Art in Pine Valley, CA















I did not see the ocean until I was within a mile or two.

Mission Trail Park, San Diago, CA



Salt Marsh at the mouth of the San Diego River; looking toward the Pacific Ocean
 

Skateboard Park near the beach
 


The end of the Southern Teir Route is at a Dog beach! 

Dog Beach

Beach Dog


The Dogs win in the end!

It was 65 degrees on the beach, sunny and windy...
After nearly 3000 miles, check the size of those thighs

 Stayed in San Diago overnight.

I plan to do one more posting to summarize my final thoughts in the next few days... then the trip and the blog will be compelte.

11 comments:

  1. Jo Ann - you are amazing!! I'm so proud that you finished this journey. What an inspiration for everyone to follow their dreams. WAY TO GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!!!! I was concerned after that scary ride with high winds but so happy you ended the trip in such a beautiful location and with canine friends!

    What will I do during my days now without your adventure series to keep me sane!

    Congratulations to both of you, so well done!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo Ann - congratulations. I'm Shane the Aussie guy biking to Phoenix - we met between Blythe and Brawley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my email is Shane.Hannan@roiprintmanager.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo Ann,

    Let me add my congratulations. Good job! Let me know when you get back to Ohio so you can fill me in on the details.

    MDR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo Ann,

    AWESOME!!!!!!I look forward to seeing you on the beach here so we can do some windsurfing. I checked my gear and it looks ready to go. Now the lake needs to warm up so we can go out together! I am proud to say that I have a friend who has cycled from coast to coast. The people that I have told about you are amazed. Thank you David for making this dream tour come true for Jo Ann. Have a safe and leisure return trip to Ohio!

    Del

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did it!!! I'm so happy for you :) So, what's the plan to get home? Driving??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jo Ann,

    AWESOME!!! I still can't believe that you actually cycled from the east coast to the west coast in 71 days with a "vacation" in that time. The memories that you and David have created will last a life time and then some! I can't wait to hear all the details first hand and see those well developed muscles out on Lake Erie windsurfing. The wind will be better than what you experienced while cycling! Have a safe and relaxing trip back to Ohio. I look forward to seeing you soon.

    Del

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jo Ann + congratulations! Now the work is done + you can really be proud of it! We are looking at your blog from time to time to see how far you have been cycling, read about your accident with the dog + are now happy, that you have finished the tour. We are on the last days of our tour...an will probably reach the atlantic ocean on monday.
    Mario + Bernie (the cyclists from the Van Horn KOA)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what an accomplishment! Congratulations, you bicycling rock star! Big hugs from here in Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! It has been a pleasure reading your blog. It's so interesting to see the changes in landscape from day to day, and hear the wonderful stories. Awesome work! Have a safe trip back to Ohio.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete