4/17/11

Day 45 April 14, 2011 Thursday, Total Mileage: 1908 Today’s: 52 Miles

So apparently it can get windier!  I know I said I would not complain about the wind anymore and I won’t, I’ll just say what was so… 50 mph gust and steady 30 mph winds from the West; I was heading West.  I have never experienced anything like this on a bicycle, the closest experience I have had is being overpowered on my sailboard with a sail too big for the wind speed.  For 6-hours today, I was whipped side to side, pushed off the road, and nearly blown off my feet, while ducking my head and waiting for the gust to past.  But other than that it was a beautiful day, temperatures in the 70’s and the sun was shining all day!

My view for most of the day

McDonald Observatory (on the hill)
Finally made it - elevation 6,800 feet



Finished the day in Kent, Tx (2,116 feet elevation)

Kent Public School

We are spending the night in Van Horn, Tx (population: 2,035; elevation: 4,047) at the KOA Campground.  People are nice and facilities are good… they have Wi-Fi and a recreation room (no A/C).

Campground 45 with Chickens

Camp Cat - KK

Catus Bloom



1 comment:

  1. so if there was a Mc Donald Observatory, is there also a mcdonalds?-Ariel

    ReplyDelete