4/1/11

Day 30, March 30, 2011, Wednesday Total Mileage 1300, Today 62 miles

Last night was down right cold, and we’d “summer-ized” a few days ago (stashed the sleeping bags).  It was also very windy, perhaps 30-35 mph winds, coming across Lake Somerville.  We stayed at the US Army Corps of Engineers Yegua Creek Park.

Today was cold and windy, 52o F, 20 mph winds, gusting to 25 mph from the North, and overcast.  I decided to ride David’s road bike all day.  It was good, I felt like I was going faster, but at the end of the day I am not sure there was a significant difference.  Hard to say as the conditions each day is so different.  Today, the wind was from behind or my back-quarter for most of the day (Thank goodness!) although late in the day I got to experience about 10 miles of head on wind but by then it was only blowing 15 mph or so…  My maximum speed today was 35 mph – what a hill that was!  My bike is defiantly more comfortable (seat and handle bars).  I really thought (felt) I must have gone 75 miles today, not so!


Today’s route was through rolling hills and cattle ranch country. There was an extremely larger antique show; it went for about 10 miles, which does not include the spurs that went off to other towns.  The town of Round Top, Texas, population of 77 was crowded, like an Ohio State University football game.  Glad for the small town’s economy, sorry for the experience of riding David’s bike through the traffic (cars and pedestrians).



We are staying in a lovely park, Buescher Texas State Park, it is right on the bike route and I road into camp, and will ride out tomorrow.  That’s nice because David doesn’t have to rush packing, etc. to get me on the road.  

 



Some more longhorns

2 comments:

  1. Again, I am in awe! 1300 miles - you are almost 1/2 way to San Diego. Keep up the great peddling and pictures. Ride on!

    Del

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i made the T Shirts. I just need to buy them now. And we called someone about it. Not telling you who, just dont get too excited.

    ReplyDelete