4/19/11

Day 47 April 16, 2011 Saturday, Total Mileage: 2040 Today: 65 Miles


Broke 2000 miles today!  Almost done with Texas, if all goes well, we’ll be in New Mexico tomorrow! 

We got up early again today; the temperature was predicted to be in the Mid-90’s.  We started the morning at 41oF; let me tell you, that is cold.  I keep putting away my warm clothes.  It was sunny and the breeze was light, from the East, which was good for me, when I left Sierra Blanca. 
Road Side Rest Area
  
While cycling near Esperanza, Tx (elevation: 3,500, population: 0)  I met a young man heading East.  He started in Los Angeles, California and was going to Houston, Texas then to South Carolina.


Yard Art - Fabens, Texas
Finished the day in Fabens, Tx (elevation 3,615 feet, population 8,006).

  
We were unable to locate a campground that accepts tents… only RVs – what is up with that?  The Franklin Mountain Texas State Park Headquarters was closed on Saturday and Sunday, again what’s up with that?  We did not have a map of the park and saw no signs to suggest where or how far the campground might be.  It is the largest state park within a municipality, El Paso, with 26,000 acres. 

So we stayed at the Deluxe Hotel off I-10 in El Paso, Tx.

Happy Birthday Nena!



3 comments:

  1. YEEE HAAWW! 2,000 miles is amazing, great job! I bet you'll be glad to get out of Texas soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo Ann,

    Awesome! You are 2/3 of the way to your goal and San Diego! You go girl!

    Del

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you spelled her name wrong-Ariel

    ReplyDelete