4/24/11

Day 51 April 20, 2011 Total Mileage: 2,175; Today: 52 miles


Las Cruces, New Mexico to Caballo Lake, New Mexico.  We got an early start, temperature started in the 60’s and went to mid-80’s; wind was light, predicted to increase in the afternoon. 

Sunrise April 20, 2011 Las Cruces, New Mexico
Welcome sign as I came into town
David and I met in Hatch, NM (elevation:4,058 feet; population:1, 673) for lunch at a small city park.  I must say that the town of Hatch is the Yard Art capital of the U.S.A. (so far).  I’ve never seen so much yard art in one town; I could not get pictures of all of it


Pig at the far end of town


Steak in Hatch NM

Baling Time

 
View from the road

With the light wind and early start; I finished around 1:30pm, meeting David at the Caballo Lake New Mexico State Park Campground (elevation: 4,100 feet).  The breeze picked up keeping things bearable and each site had a picnic table and shelter.  Our site has electric and water, close to the bathroom and a masseur.  No Wi-Fi… it’s nice to take a break sometimes… after my massage and a shower I sat around and read a book, cleaned my bike chain, went for a walk and typed up today’s posting.
Caballo Lake & Mtn Range
It's a hard life on the road!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I like all the New Mexico pics! Looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo Ann,

    I have been enjoying your blog and I am in awe of the grit you have to tackle this trip. What a wonderful experience, I am envious, but not of the way you are traveling! Am glad that David is taking good care of you. Hope you have recuperated from your fall. I love your pictures, especially the flower ones. You never get to see them like that from a car. Keep on keeping on.

    Betty H.

    ReplyDelete