3/11/11

Day 10 - March 10, 2011– Total Miles: 346 Today: 44 Miles

It was nice to have a day off yesterday.  We picked the perfect day as there were heavy rains, high winds and lighting.  We were snug in the Micro-Motel doing our laundry and catching up on blog postings. Slept in a real bed, not bad! 

The truth is the air mattress in the Chuck Wagon is really quite comfortable.  Just a little close to the ceiling and difficult to get out of without mauling the other person on your way out – I avoid trips to the john as much as possible…

Today was a late start and I wanted to do 40 miles.  The wind was blowing head on, but the sun was shining and it was in the 60’s.  I spotted another self-supported cyclist head East today, we just waved at each other, he was on his way downwind and downhill, smiling; I was puffing uphill, slumped over my handlebars, with a grimace on my face.

It was definitely a cold-blooded animal (amphibian & reptilian) day; not only did I see a few, but the Spring Peepers were really peeping loudly today.




Stopped for a break at a cemetery West of Bonifay, FL and noticed the burial marking methods that differ from what I’ve seen in Ohio and there was quite a difference in the style/degree within the cemetery itself.




Tonight, we are staying at the Long Leaf RV Park.  A little more rugged than we’ve experienced recently… and we’ve only been there long enough to use the bathhouse.

Yes, Ariel that frog was sleeping on the toilet seat when I went in...

4 comments:

  1. I am not a dummy. That frog is not sleeping....he is passed out drunk. -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  2. He must have croaked . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. What more could a frog ask for? Central heating and a minipond nearby!! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats no minipond, thats a whirlpool jacuzzi

    ReplyDelete