3/26/11

Day 25 March 25, 2011, Friday Total Mileage: 976, Today 60 miles

Crossed into Texas today and went 60 miles! 

We got an early start; the wind was calm this morning; I made 35 miles before lunch break in DeRidder, LA. Where David bought me a chocolate milk shake at Ms Burger’s hamburger stand. Then the wind picked up or shifted to the side and/or head on, which slowed me down considerably in the afternoon.

I was in Merryville, LA by 2:00pm with 53 miles, no cell service and no charge on the phone and the GPS had a low battery reading… the Texas line was 7 miles away.  I could not reach David who was having a problem with the car checked out; I would be exceeding our normal stopping point by 10 miles… What to do?  I went for it!  (I did stop to buy some sidewalk chalk and wrote a note to David on the side of the road, as we’d discussed at lunch, after we’d had no service during the morning)  The message was, DS + JS  2 TX  ß  DS; completely understandable to me!

Spent the night on the Back Forty Bow Park, it was the campgrounds of my memory, but it has flush toilets in a nice, clean bathroom facility.  Barb runs the place, as well as, takes care of her horses; she really is industrious.  We met Oreo (a black and white mix-breed) and Annie, the orphan (small black Terrier, like Toto in the Wizard of Oz).  Oreo is the lover and Annie a bit standoffish.




David took this nice photo!

Every Town has one and DeRidder LA does too

3 comments:

  1. 60 miles! Wow! awesome! I hope you got rewarded with a few beers! You really kicked ass! You go girl!

    Del

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the wind always be at your back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! 60 miles-- woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete