3/24/11

Day 23, March 23, 2011, Wednesday Total Mileage: 916, Today 41 miles


So apparently it can get worse…
That flag was new this morning!

I was looking so sexy and only Melaine stopped to help
OR I was very lucky today; only one flat tire and one dog bite.

+Because of the flat-tire I met a wonderful woman, Melaine R. she and her husband operate an agriculture implements and tack shop in Valle Platte, LA.  She was one of the most gracious women I’ve met.  We had a nice conversation while we waited for David to bring new tube of patch adhesive – reminder to self: buy a new tube every year or at least for big trips.
Melaine & Jo Ann
+The dog bit down on my shoe; glad I had my leather, lug-soled bike shoes on!!  The dog only had three legs, did I mentioned it was WINDY again.

Spent the night again at Chicot Louisiana State Park, Ville Platte, LA. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you're keeping your spirits up despite some trials and tribulations! But, the important thing is that you keep moving forward. And that you're having the adventure of a lifetime! Keep it up. You go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful(?) memories you are creating! I will continue to pray for you as you journey across the US on you dream tour. You are almost 1/3 there. Ride on!

    Del

    ReplyDelete