3/29/11

Day 28, March 28, 2011, Monday total Mileage 1178, Today 50 miles

It was Foggy/Misty, temperatures in the mid-60’s a bit chilly getting started but there were enough hills to keep me warm. I had the most wonderful afternoon, riding through the Sam Huston US Forest, just the way I like it surrounded by trees and very few people/cars.  David was kind enough to drive back so we could spend the night at Stubblefield Campground inside the Forest.
Day 28 Camp

I was doing really well riding today, head for 60-miles and then POP!  A spoke broke, while I was pushing up hill (standing up in high/medium gears).   My knight in shining armor or Subaru (David) came to my rescue and swept me off to a bike shop in College Station, TX.  Where Andrew did a nice job replacing two spokes in my rear tire, he also adjusted my front derailleur/shifter; I really appreciated that on the hills.

American Moon Moth,
 several were hanging out at
the US Forest Service Sam Huston District Office


This was someones front yard, covered in Blue Bells

No comments:

Post a Comment