3/12/11

Day 11 – Friday, March 11, 2011 Total Miles: 388 Today: 42 Miles


Looks like I’ve broken the 40 mile barrier, this week I intend to continue at 40 miles and add more, going for 50 mile days by next week.  It definitely is not comfortable going this far yet, but hopefully by next week it will be.  Did I mention David gives me a beer if I reach my 40 miles per day goal.  I have completed my first full section of the ACA Southern Tier map series, only 6 more sections and 2,400 more miles to go.
It was mighty cold this morning, 37oF, luckily I brought enough clothes to stay warm for riding and the temperature rose quickly with the sun shining.  There was a head wind again, but still had some hills and trees to block the effects every now and then.

Florida really keeps the sides of the highways clear, making the Road Debris game a little less interesting, but Georgia had enough trash to keep the game going for a while.  In Florida they use inmates from the correctional facilities to pick up trash, seems to be working well.  I have also seen a few private trucks/vehicles picking large debris… there must be some money in this activity.




Beaver Dam


Beaver Den
Have not actually seen a Beaver but there's a lot of evidence.

Tree sculpture - how many farm animals can you identify?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I will toast you with my next beer. Keep up the great work and I'm sure you will hit 50 miles a day soon!

    Del

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beer is a great motivator! I hope David will give you two beers on the 50 mile days.

    ReplyDelete