3/5/11

Day 4 – March 4, 2011 I quit in Quitman


I quit riding in Quitman at Dunn Rd today, with the sun shining and about 70oF finishing the last full day in Georgia… yes, tomorrow I start riding in Florida!

So apparently it does rain in GA…  just enough to make me appreciate it when it’s not raining. The other thing I found out today is that there are some rolling hills in GA also.  It was still a lovely day to ride!  I went around 35 miles total today. We stayed at Bingham GA State Park, it was very nice and the staff was attentive. Stopped in the middle of the route at Wendy’s in Valdosta, GA for lunch and to post to the web.  Wendy’s has free Internet and are more abundant than Starbuck’s down here; also David and I are more likely to purchase Wendy’s products than Starbuck’s.  We’ve been sitting out under the stars working on our computers almost every night then getting to a Wendy’s to post when we can.  I am hoping for a guest posting from the Chuck Wagon sometime soon…






OK, here's a question who can identify this road debris?


2 comments:

  1. OOooohhhhh.....I know! I know!!!! It's an umbrella or if an Englishman lost it a bumpershoot.

    Enjoy the south. Photos are great. How about laying in the rear window deck of those large land barges they used to sell and counting the stars at night-in the days before seat belt laws...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures. Keep up the good work in Florida!

    Del

    ReplyDelete