3/6/11

Day 5 – March 5, 2011 Georgia is mine!

Georgia-Florida State Line

Yes, I completed the state of Georgia today, and started Florida. In Monticello, FL I began following the Adventure Cycling Association’s Southern Tier route.  This is what I plan to follow to San Diego, CA.  Today I cycled about 42 miles, it was cloudy and spit a little rain, I found a few hills and that was good because they protected me from the wind.  My first experience of head on/head wind for any distance, I could live without experiencing it again. 
.


A day for road closures, at least two… I knew about one because we traveled down the route to the campground.  The other closure surprised me, I was off route, recalculating when I came across this one.  I was able to ride through the construction area, since no one was working on Saturday. 

Stayed at my first KOA, quite a luxurious experience!  and WiFi... no Wendy's for us for a day or two.

For the car buffs


Main Street
Just of Main
Remember when crossing a bridge you could see the water from the car??
Keep smiling, spring is coming!


 

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! The sights are beautiful. I love the cars. With each state you are getting much closer to your goal, one down.

    Del

    ReplyDelete
  2. First chance I had to read the blog. We have been a bit busy here! Really missed you last week :)

    Sounds like a great trip so far and can not wait for the next installment. - Debbie

    ReplyDelete