3/14/11

Day 13 - March 13, 2011 Total Miles = 478 Today 52 Miles; Floridia is complete!

Pretty crazy! Going 52 miles... Thought I might make the Ferry to Dauphin Island for the last run... now that was crazy... I had another 8 miles to go when David stopped me.  He'd wisely made camping arrangements in Gulf Shore, AL. 

Yes, that's right we made Alabama today.

We had a beautiful lunch spot today, on a sugar white beach, just as we were leaving Florida.  Oh, yeah it's Spring Break somewhere... there are lots of college age people in this area right now.

The perfect reststop

This is where I finished 52 miles

5 comments:

  1. Great job!!! Enjoy LA! (Lower Alabama)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you both are able to see the area when it's not recovering from a major hurricane! Congratulations on the 50 miler status. I wonder if there are badges you can place in the spokes of your tires or a medallion for a high mileage vehicle for the bike itself. Don't forget to pick up boiled peanuts.....not to be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Jo Ann! This seems like an awesome trip. And wow, 50 miles! You picked a great place to stop - what a view :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. Slowww downnn justt a little bit...me and ellen still have yet to talk.

    ReplyDelete